Monday, May 23, 2011

Two Weeks!

Two weeks left to go! I am so stoked! I know all 3 of my posts so far have been about how excited I am, but in all seriousness, it's going to be great :-)

Yesterday I bought some new sneakers from DSW. They were on sale for 30% off AND I had a $10 off coupon. When all was said and done, I spent about $26 on them. They will be excellent for the amount of walking I'll be doing!

I'm still in freak-out mode about all the stuff I need to do before I leave- pack, laundry, clean up my room, get in some last-minute visits with people, read my mandatory book, and study Arabic. I've been studying Arabic when working at the door in the Kid's Room at the Science Center. Thankfully, I've gotten through 7 chapters. I think I have roughly 12 or 13 chapters left in this book, then 4 in my other book. Yikes! Good news is that reviewing has been fun (and not very stressful) and it's been good practice. What's great about all of this is that I'm getting paid to do it, since I'm doing it at work! I used to spend door duty reading my required book, "Morocco: The Islamist Awakening and Other Challenges", but I'd get distracted and lose my place when I'd let people in and out of the door. Needless to say, I've been working on that book elsewhere. My plan is to spend some time at the library during my last week here. I'll go there for a few hours like it's finals week and just chug away at my work. I have 2 days left of "job" work, so I'll have plenty of time to get my life straightened out.

In the meantime, I'm also looking for stuff for my apartment. My mom is the best...she found me a round table, 2 matching chairs, and some cookware at a yardsale the other day- all in great condition! I'm currently surfing through Craigslist for a fouton and other various sites for a Little Mermaid shower curtain :-P I have some plastic drawers and a wooden dresser to bring for my clothes, and my dad recently found a table in excellent condition to use as a desk. I am very glad I don't have a lot of apartment accessory hunting to do- it makes planning for Morocco/France that much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment